Monday, April 14, 2008

Recife!!!

So much time has passed and I really haven't had time to update this blog with as much information as I wish I could. A really super long entry couldn't even begin to describe how much has gone on these past two weeks, but I'll really try to sum up as best as I can.
Last week was absolute mayhem as it was the week that our ISP proposals were due (stating what we wanted to do for our projects for three weeks) and also our book review which was to be a seven page masterpiece. (I hope!!) I was really making progress on my work affiliated with my project, and I could have been done on Thursday to take Friday off, however, for the past two weeks before that, I had heard no news from the organization I wanted to work with, and finally 3 days befoer Thursday, I found out that for a while they weren't accepting any more students for a while because they had bad experiences in the past. So things were really up in the air but they told me to keep working on the original idea. Thursday rolls in and I'm 98% done with my work and then they tell me that the organization decided not to take me in because of lack of resources. I was really crushed, stressed and really overwhelmed because all of the work that I was doing had been really for nothing. It was really the worst part of my experience in Brazil because I had to come up with a new project in one day. Luckily I had a back up plan and it was sort of related to my original idea, but it also wasn't in Salvador, where I really had my heart set on going. However, this way I get to stay with Homestay family for more time.
This week our group flied out to beautiful Recife. It is a huge change from Fortaleza and once I get back to my computer, I'll make sure to upload some pictures from here and Salvador because it is absolutely gorgeous. However, I do miss Fortaleza because I was starting to get to know it like the back of my hand. But soon I will be back working with this amazing NGO that I've already visited in the past MSMCBJ Movimento Saude Mental da Comunidade Bom Jardim. It's an amazing organization that has its doors open for literally everyone. I'm really happy that they're my backup organization and I know that it's going to be an amazing experience.
Time running out in internet cafe, need to go, more later with pictures, tchau!!

No comments: