Thursday, April 24, 2008

Free Day!!

I've done so much stuff during my short stay in Salvador that I don't even know where to start, but here is a preview of what is to come in photos of what I've done here in Salvador da Bahia:
1. Architecture and social culture of Bahia and drumming lessons from Baguncaco
2. Small town of Cachoeira by the river and doing Samba da Roda with Candomble women.
3. Free day down by the beach with crystal clear waters
4. Visit to a candomble center followed by a beautiful view of the sunset at night.
5. Visit to Steve Biko Center for education and then a percussion workshop with the internationlly renowned Carnaval group Olodum and then walking around the historic center of Pelourinho
6. Free day to walk around the city going from cidade alta (ritzy) to cidade baixa (normal) and meeting a cool 21 year old, a man from spain who will let me know where to stay when I go visit, and then a Bahian that lives in Switzerland with his friend that lived in Europe for years, now he lives close by in Barra, is Brazilian and will show us around the city.

Tomorrow we have Afro dance class and visiting another ONG in the evening. We also might go to samba in Rio Vermelho which is really close by. Then after that the rest of the days are pretty much ours until tuesday when we fly out and on Wednesday we start our three week long Independant Study Project period.
It's going to be intense!

I'm not ready to go back yet or even think about it!

No comments: